Health and Safety Specialist
UK Locations: Mansfield
Salary: upto £37,500 DOE + Benefits
Permanent Full Time
My client, a global online retail company, are currently looking for several enthusiastic Health and Safety Specialist's, to be based in their fulfilment centres across the UK.
You will be an experienced, innovative and hands-on individual who is passionate about Health and Safety in a professional context. In time, you be expected to become as customer-centric as they are and apply this to your work each day.
You will need to be able to identify, coordinate and drive improvements in Safety, while engaging with operational and other support function stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the delivery of safety performance and monitoring, in line with personnel, team and functional goals and objectives
- Facilitating and/or arranging training programs on critical Fulfilment Centre EHS issues
- Supporting the implementation of EHS programs within Fulfilment Centre Operations, while delivering key risk assessment activities
- Driving compliance with local and EU legislation
- Ensuring that EHS systems are always kept accurate, with completed incident reports, alongside all supporting documentation
- Assisting the EHS Manager with the construction of incident prevention programs
- Contributing to Fulfilment Centre requests for improvement of on-site safety and positively impact accident trends
- Preparing responses to insurers or solicitors in response to any personal injury claims
- Participating in the EU Fulfilment Centre EHS Safety Audit Programme
- Assisting with the coordination and training of new Health and Safety team members
- Acting as a proxy for the EHS Manager, as and when required
- Arranging, facilitating and contributing to Fulfilment Centre Safety Steering Committee meetings
- Arranging and conducting basic surveys and checks in the Fulfilment Centre environment, looking into facility processes, Health and Safety supplies as well as employee behaviours.
What are we looking for?
- You will be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ5 level or equivalent qualification, or you hold degree level qualifications in any subject and are willing to complete these or equivalent qualifications within an agreed timescale
- You will be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of essential Environment, Health and Safety legislation
- Candidates with relevant experience, from backgrounds that may differ from Safety disciplines, will also be considered.
Other skills that may help
Experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies, Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
Please apply using the job boards application process, or for more information please email me directly: